2009年5月23日 星期六

Name: Jane Liu (49712038)
Reaction Article#6
Date: 06/12/2009

My Reactions:
Recently, there seems to be more and more people who suffer from dementia or Alzheimer's disease. So, more and more scientists try to find some ways to solve the problem. They are trying to find ways to help people keep themselves from the disease, and to cure it.
I have watched or read some reports or movies about dementia, and after I finished them, I was so surprised and felt so sad about it. I just cannot imagine how come a healthy will turn out to be so forgetful, and what I will become if I diagnose such disease. It must be horrible and will be very troublesome to everyone around me. It will just be a nearly nightmare!
In case people will suffer the pain of dementia when being old, they have to do some activities to curb the happen of the disease, such as reading, keeping in touch with friends, exercise, playing some more complex games, and all in all, just make their brains keep moving. Although scientists have not found effective way to cure thoroughly dementia, we have learned some useful tips to slow down the degeneration of our brains, so what we can do now is to follow the tips as far as we can.
Like the people mentioned in the article, we have to urge some older people to join the kind of club. To them, taking part in the activities of the club is not only can make them have happy times, but also keep them away from the occurrences of dementia.(268 words)

沒有留言: