2008年10月20日 星期一

Brain Region for Overcoming Fear, Anxiety Found

Name: Jane Liu (49712038)
Reaction Article#4
Date: 10/24/2008
From: International Herald Tribune

Brain Region for Overcoming Fear, Anxiety Found
(http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2008/07/080709-brain-fear.html)

My Reactions:
I think it would be a great discovery, because with this discovery, doctors can treat many sick people. Knowing which part of the brain controls the feeling of fear helps doctors choose which kind of medicine should be used. In so doing, it can help people recover from the disease more quickly and more efficiently, especially for soldiers who just came back from the battlefield. Many soldiers feel tense or have unsafe feelings toward everything because they think themselves still in the battlefield. And they may have difficulties in adapting the general lives and even cannot come back work, for they always feel they are in the dangerous situations. And with this new discovery, those people can accept useful treatments and after recovery, they live lives just like general people.
As for me, if this kind of medicine is really released, I want to try some. Because I am such a timid girl that I am afraid of many things, like darkness and ghosts, I want to take this medicine to cure my timidity. I consider maybe the medicine can help me not feel scared when being alone in the darkness or make me not too scared to sleep after seeing a scary movie. I think I really need the medicine to let me overcome my fear inside my mind. Although I know the fear in my mind only can be cured by myself, however, I just want to depend some medicine and make me feel better, if that really works.(273 words)

沒有留言: