2008年10月26日 星期日

Food allergies increasing in US kids, study says

Name: Jane Liu (49712038)
Reaction Article#5
Date: 10/31/2008
From: Newsweek

Food allergies increasing in US kids, study says
(http://www.newsweek.com/id/165087/page/1)

My Reactions:
I think it is a big problem. People don’t know the reason why it happened and also cannot find the way to treat it, but only children become more vulnerable from generation to generation. Maybe it is because people nowadays pay too much on their children and forbid them to eat this, forbid them to eat that; in the end, they become more and more vulnerable because they don’t have any chance to touch many things, maybe good, maybe bad, and the body do not know how to deal with it. And when the body meets something bad one day, children get sick easier.
One of my friends is allergic to shrimps. Whenever she eats some shrimps accidentally, she feels itchy everywhere of her body and her body swells. She told me that once her face swelled like a balloon and she even couldn’t see anything. I think it was very terrible and not feel good at all. I think I am so lucky because I don’t have allergies to any kind of food.
So, I think doctors should keep trying and do their best to find the reason why food allergies increase in US kids so fast. Not only in America, people all over the world have problems with food allergies, so if someone can think up some way to solve these problems, he can save a lot of people around the world. And we hope that day will come soon.(263 words)

沒有留言: